Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hush, Hush + Crescendo + Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hi! I'm so glad I'm on time this week. :)
So today, I'm going to review the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick. I started this series a few years ago, after I saw the cover to Hush, Hush and fell in love with it. I finished the last book, Silence, a few months ago, but the fourth book, Finale, is coming out so I wanted to be caught up so I could read Finale peacefully. Now, without further adieu, let's begin.

 The first book is called Hush, Hush. I loved this cover ever since I saw it in the bookstore. I bought it without reading the summary and it proved to be a wonderful book.
It starts out with Nora Grey, our heroine, in Biology class. When the seating chart changes, she is assigned to sit next to Patch Ciprianio. There is something about him that is off to Nora, not to mention that he knows almost everything about her.
She warns herself to stay away from him, but their attraction can not be denied. When she learns about him and what he is, her whole world tilts on it's axis. When she is attacked multiple times by a mysteries man in a ski mask, she is led to believe it is Patch, but finds out it is a classmate who has an interesting past as well.
This book is fast-moving, thrilling, and darkly romantic. Not to mention that Patch is most defiantly the sexiest love interest ever.
Okay, so time to wail on some stuff. I actually don't have much criticism except that Patch seems to be two different people to me. One minute, he's a badass who wears black all the time, and the next minute, he's this caring, lovable guy who lends Nora his shirt because she's cold...and he still wears black. But maybe that's what Becca Fitzpatrick was trying to convey; I'm still sketchy.


The second book is called Crescendo. This book, like most sequels, is sort of depressing.
Nora finally has Patch. But when she tells him the most important thing she has ever told anybody, he just...walks away. When she finds out from Marcie Millar (her worst enemy), that Patch was standing outside her window one night, Nora gets hurt and suspicious.  When Patch refuses to tell her what he was doing, Nora ends the relationship. And on top of all this chaotic mess, Scott Parnell (a.k.a. Scotty the Potty)  has moved back to town. She starts hanging out with him when she can no longer rely on Patch. But she finally discovers what is really going on - she and Patch are not supposed to be together and the archangels are keeping then apart. But Patch goes rogue, refusing to be a guardian angel any more. They are back in each others arms, only to be torn apart again.

This book was good, but not as good as I expected. I saw Patch as a player instead of Nora's loving boyfriend. I didn't like that, and I also didn't like that he was spending so much time with Marcie, no matter how inevitable it was. All in all, this book was okay, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected.


The third book is Silence, and I think that the title is rather clever, considering that Nora loses her memory, so her memories are 'silent'.

When Nora gets kidnapped, by Hank Millar of all people, Patch does everything and anything to get her back. But when he does, she has lost her memories of the last five months - before she met Patch, before she knew about fallen angels, before everything. Patch is now going by Jev, which is his real name. She meets him, and gets the chance to fall in love all over again. Nora wants to know who Jev was to her before and also wants to know the identity of the person who kidnapped her. Vee, Nora's bestfriend, and her mother lie to her about Jev, telling her that she knew him, but never liked him. Nora's confused and hurt; she just wants her memory back. But she other issues from her past to deal with. She is forced to take a vow and become a full Nephillim. She now has to lead an army. What will happen next?

This book was so far the greatest in the series, but there are three things I didn't like: the memory loss, how Vee and her mother lied to her about Patch, and how Patch refused to explain their earlier relationship. But I liked that they got to chance to fall in love again, and enjoyed reading that.

All in all, this is my second-favorite series ever, behind the Shiver series, which I will probably be reviewing next time. I hope ya'll enjoyed it and I will see you next week.

                                                                                                            -Amba



No comments:

Post a Comment