Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Hey guys!
I'm sorry I haven't posted anything in a while; I've been so busy lately! I do hope that you find it in your heart to graciously forgive me. So it was a debate between two books and I decided to do the most recently read one since it is still fresh in my mind.
The book is Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, and I think this book is amazing.
The summary is of a girl, Aislinn, who can see faeries. She has rejected it for all of her life, because her mother was taken by the faeries. She is raised by her paranoid grandmother, who is scared the fey will take Aislinn too. The faeries have never paid much attention to her until two start following her. Aislin becomes scared. The fey have never done this, so she become as paranoid as her grandmother. Her 'friend', Seth, doesn't know that she can see the faeries, but when she tells him, he fully supports her. One of the faeries, Keenan, starts going to her school and won't leave her alone. He starts hanging out with her friends, and she can't get away from him. She finally gives in, and agrees to go to a carnival with him. That is when everything goes downhill, which means that she drinks faerie wine and almost becomes one of them. By this time, Keenan knows that she can see them, and that Aislin is the girl he is looking for to become his Summer Queen. He can never have his full power without a queen. Another conflict in the story occurs because his mother is the queen of the Winter Court, and she is determined to make sure that he never gains his full power.
I really liked this book, however it didn't capture my attention like some other series such as Shiver and Hush Hush. I couldn't get enough of the romance in those books, but this book was like one of those that I read and kind of forgot about. I did find it strange that when Aislinn told Seth about the faeries, he seemed to take it almost naturally. Now, I find that more than a little weird, because if I was him I would be offering to drive her to the nearest hospital to have her head examined. I guess some readers would be okay with it, but I was skeptical.
Okay, that's all I got for now but if I have more, I promise to tell ya'll. :)
                                                                                                                                               -Amba

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Y.A.Retread,
    I have just finished reading Crave by Melissa Darnell and have started reading Fragile Enternity, although I will probably be reviewing Crave before I review the third book because Crave is still very fresh in my mind.
    I am so happy that somebody has taken intrest in my blog and I hope you will follow up with me after you read this reply. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amba,
    fyi...I made an error on my first comment and deleted it.

    I also enjoyed this book although it has been awhile since I read it. I skipped the second book (Ink Exchange)because it dealt with a different story line and characters and after reading the synopsis it didn't sound like something I would enjoy.
    I started reading the third book (Fragile Eternity) but have not gotten very far. It starts out slow and there are other books and projects that have been calling to me. If you read the third book let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete